Technics SX-AX7 Manuals
Technics SX-AX7 Information
- 8-polyphonic, 4-part multitimbral PCM synthesizer workstation with a PCM drum machine.
- 3 OSC architecture without a filter. A sound is made of Attack Source (1 OSC) and Body Source (2 OSC).
- The Attack Source is basically a short transient sample like Roland D-50 / D-110 .
- The Body Source is a combination of 2 samples called Basic and Harmonics. They seem to be basically single-cycle waveforms, and some Harmonics waveforms includes 'Spectrum' type longer loops.
- The Basic sets the overall character of the Body Source, and the Harmonics determines the second waveform added to it. Harmonics volume works like a static filter.
- 2 Amp envelopes for Basic and Harmonics. They have ADSR relative change parameters.
- Both Basic and Harmonics have 2 LFOs for pitch and amp (that is, 4 in total), controlled by rate variation, depth, speed and delay.
- Auto bend can be set differently for both Basic and Harmonics. Portamento is also available, which was a rare feature for PCM synths in the 80s.
- 2 FX - chorus and reverb.
- Big custom LCD display with 10-step parameter graphics.
- SysEx only supports bank dump. You can save your data through MIDI, but making PC editor is impossible.
Technics SX-AX7 Sound Examples
Sound examples of SX-AX7 will be added in due course. Please contact us if you are able to record sound samples for us!
Related Technics AX Keyboard Models
SX-AX7 is the highest version of the PCM2 AX series. SX-AX5 is the version without reverb, and SX-AX3 is the version with less waveforms.
Technics SM-PS50 is a dual channel PCM playbacker with analog chorus. Though SM-PS50 have longer samples, there is some shared sound character.
Technics SX-AX7 Synth Video
Technics AX7 Synthesiser keyboard
Technics AX7 Synth Discussion
|Topic||Original Post||Last Post||Views||Replies|
Technics SX-AX7 User Manual, MIDI Manual and Reference Guide
September 30, 2014 at
April 21, 2016 at
Technics sx-AX7 information - The AX7 has arrived!
October 1, 2015 at
October 1, 2015 at